COVID-19 - UPDATE
Pillar To Post – Taking care of your home inspection – Protecting your health
At Pillar To Post Home Inspectors, the health and safety of our customers is our highest priority. In response to the public health situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19), we are diligently monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and medical professionals to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to protect our customers. During this time, wherever possible, Pillar To Post remains open and committed to providing a best-in-class home inspection that helps clients turn a house into a home.
- If clients/agents do not feel comfortable attending the inspection, we will deliver the report and/or review the report by phone.
- We will reschedule the inspection if the inspector is showing signs of illness.
- We will clean our hands thoroughly prior to and during the inspection.
- We will keep a safe distance, not shaking hands or elbow bumping.
- Whenever possible, we will wipe down doorknobs, faucet handles and work surfaces.
- We will take all other prudent steps to protect our home inspectors, Realtors, our clients and homeowners from the spread of COVID-19.
We appreciate your trust during this challenging time. We will continue our mission of ensuring confident home ownership with a particular focus on the health and safety of all of our customers.
Mark Scaparo is a professional home inspector serving the Real Estate Community in Central Virginia. Mark and his team take great pride in communicating the true condition of a home in a manner that is thorough, understandable, and non-alarming. This will help you understand the homes true condition as it is on the day of the home inspection. Pillar To Post works with home sellers, buyers, and real estate professionals to assist them through all aspects of the inspection processes.
Industry Knowledge, Experience, and Certifications
We are rated one of the top home inspection companies in the area, with industry knowledge gained from experience, certifications, continuing education, and listening to the client and Realtor needs. We perform inspections on a wide variety of homes: numerous building designs, sizes, ages, and price ranges. From small apartments to large estates, new construction to very old, we have the knowledge, experience, and services to meet your home inspection needs.
We have the knowledge needed to inspect all types of homes and residential structures.
Home Inspection Specialists:
- Single family homes
- And manufactured homes
- Duplexes & Multifamily homes
We Educate Our Clients and Their Agents
We like to share the knowledge we’ve gained as home inspectors, and leave each client with valuable information about their home. We are also very active in the real estate industry, are members in several area Real Estate organizations, and provide Office Presentations to Real Estate Professionals to increase their knowledge and education.
Our comprehensive home inspection covers the complete site area and structural components that are readily accessible, including:
- Site Location
- Home Exterior
- Home Structure
- Plumbing Systems
- All Interior Living Areas
- Bathroom Fixtures and Components
- Built-in Appliances
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Kitchen Components
The Added Services Available
We offer quality home inspections and other related services. Customers can arrange for any of these services with a home inspection or separately. Our added services include:
- Radon Assessment and Testing
- Chimney Inspections
- Water Quality Testing
- Mold Sampling and Assessment
- WDI Inspections
- Asbestos Testing
- Lead Paint Sampling
- Level 2 Chimney Inspections
- Septic Dye Testing
Our home inspections will take between two and four hours to complete, depending on the size of the home and other factors. Every inspection report is highly detailed, covering all major components and inspection areas, color photos are included so the customer can see the areas that cause concern during the inspection. We encourage our customers to attend the inspection and ask any questions that they may have.
- Home buyer inspections
- Pre-Listing (Home Sellers) inspections
- New Residential Structures (New construction):
- 1 Year Warranty
- New Construction
- Phase 1: Pre-Dry wall
- Phase 2: Post Dry wall
Chimney Inspections – For booking convenience & detail reporting, we are partnered with Cougot’s Chimney Services – local, community trusted, licensed chimney inspections, cleaning & repair services.
Environment Testing (Radon, Infrared, Mold- IAQ, Allergens, Termite inspections, Water testing, Lead Paint & Asbestos sampling & others)
Associations of The Scaparo Team Pillar To Post Home Inspectors
- Partnered with the Salvation Army- Real Estate For Rehabilitation
An Involved Community Member and Highly Qualified Inspector
As local home inspectors in the Central Virginia area, Mark and his team are active community members, with several organization memberships, certifications, and State Licensed.
- All of our home inspectors are ASHI Members and NRS Certified
- Mark’s education encompasses Radon and Mold Testing through AHIT
- He is a Member of the Richmond Area Board of Realtors
- Mark is also a Member of AHIT, Inspector Pro, and Virginia Real Estate Association
- Mark has successfully completed testing and exams in the following areas:
- National Home Inspectors Exam (NHIE)
- New Residential Structures (NRS) Certified
- Radon Measurement Specialist NRSB 17SS071
- Wood Destroying Insects
- Lead Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Well Water Analysis
- Inspections of Pools and Spas
Reasons Customers Praise Our Work
Our customer feedback is very positive about home inspections that we provide, and this is true of home buyers, home sellers, and their real estate agents. The detailed report lists the inspection results in an easy to read and understand format, and we have received many positive comments on how helpful the included photos are.
Our customers also report that they really like and appreciate the professional but friendly manner that all of our home inspectors have, and our inspectors encourage questions and participation at every step of the inspection process.
Our scheduling flexibility is another popular feature our customers enjoy, and because we have a number of qualified home inspectors, we can schedule a home inspection with little time required. This flexibility makes it easier for our customers to meet important deadlines or closing dates.